Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's Simple Really

Sometimes we as adults complicate things by trying to make more out of a situation - fortunately I get regular reminders from my (& other) kids....

As the Karaoke session was in full swing during Arjun's BD party Abhi came to me and whispered that he had to do the "big" job (or "big potty" as I have heard some others call it). These are usually high alert moments, so I quickly sprang to attention and took him into the downstairs toilet. Typically we would leave him there until we heard his, "Alllll done, achaaa/ammaaaa" announcement. However, since the party was going on, I stayed inside and shut the door.
Soon my over-sensitive olfactory senses were being assaulted and instead of waiting, I quickly flushed. Then I asked Abhi if he was done. He shook his head in the negative, but still seemed inclined to get up. So I asked, "Why don't you put fully then?"
Abhi: "But you already flushed." (See, we normally flush only after he says he is done. By flushing early I had apparently sent the message that he is "done.") Not wanting to accept responsibility, I attempted to throw it back at hime with, "Oh, that was only because I couldn't take the smell." He was going to have none of that and responded, "Well, you should have stayed far away then."

1 comment:

Yad_CPLD_Atmel said...

We are having our struggles with Angad who is scared to sit on the Pot ; Ofcourse lots of Drama !
and then when Nirmal was gone for a conference to LA for a few days , Angad hadnt pooped for 3 days and was constipated. Not only did I get blasted but we had to scamper to get suppositories;

2024 March Primaries - San Diego Edition

First, the good news:  the 2024 March primaries do not feature a Prop related to dialysis clinics.  This can't last of course, but let&...